[SOLVED] Not able to activate Windows 10 with new hardware.

Sep 2, 2019
Hey,

i just bought a new parts for my PC, including Motherboard and CPU. Now i want to activate Windows 10 on that PC, that is running on my old one. I linked my old License to a Microsoft account and logged into that account on my new PC. When i do the necessary steps to activate it, run the troubleshoot and click "I recently changed hardware", I can't find my new PC on the list of devices linked to my Microsoft account. When i log into my account, i see both my new and my old PC, the old one with an activated Windows 10 license and the new one with "To be filled By O.E.M.". It says that if i can't find my PC listed i have to make sure that I'm logged into the right Microsoft account, which I am. Very clueless on what to do from here, i appreciate any help.

Cheers

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
TBH you may have exceeded the number of re-activations, or that the system you have swapped to does not meet the TOS in regard to that activation. I have personally found that as time passes from that "free upgrade" thing that happened with 10 that Microsoft is slowly clamping down on the ease in which they allowed this to happen.

With that said, if you truly feel it's in error you should be able to place a tech support call to Microsoft and discuss it.

TRENDING THREADS