not able to boot from usb

kartiknautiyal

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
i have windows vista on my laptop. i want to switch to windows 7. i have the iso file. i created a bootable usb from the iso using windows dvd/usb tool. now, when i try to boot to it nothing appears on the screen just a '-' on the top left side :( i also have a pc which i converted the same way. now, when on try on the pc it doesn't work. :( plz help plz

with the usb stick reformat it to fat32 on the pc and then check that the iso you have is windows os iso and not office. if the iso was torrented it may be fake or have a virus on it. most times when a usb stick give you nothing at post it missing the bootable part to boot from. most time a good format to make sure the stick is empty and then reruning the usb tools disk will work.

kartiknautiyal

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013

actually i used the same iso for my pc earliar it worked but then my bootable usb got formatted again. so i created it once again from the same iso but now it doesnt work and about the format : i formatted it to fat32 again and tried again but it doesnt work plz plz help me :(