Question Not able to connect external display to laptop with mini displayport(laptop) to female VGA port(display)

Dec 13, 2019
Hi!

I am trying to use an adapter which has a female VGA input (in which I connect the external display) and a male mini displayport output (which I connect to the port on my laptop) to connect a display to my laptop. It doesn't seem to be working at all. I have tested it on another laptop and it worked like a charm.
I tried a lot of stuff and none seem to be working ( e.g. : updating to the latest video driver, updating windows, unplugging the screen and waiting for a full reset etc.).
Furthermore while trying to make this work I found out that my integrated graphics card is not recognized by my system at all and after searching on google I found out that the display ports on my laptop are "controlled" by the integrated graphics card ( since the video card used by my laptop appears to not have any display ports, source: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-gtx-1060-mobile-3-gb.b5394 ). I think this is the issue, but can't find the enable igpu setting or optimus setting in the BIOS. Also installed all the drivers I could find on Asus' website for my Intel chipset and tried installing Intel graphics driver for Intel HD Graphics 500 ( my integrated graphics card ) from Intel's website but I get an error in which I am informed that I have no hardware that matches that driver.

My laptop model is: Asus FX502VM-DM105T GL502VML.

Do you have any suggestions on what could I try next?

Best regards!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS