Question Not able to download rx 580 drivers

Feb 22, 2019
So I bought a used gigabyte rx 580 aorus 4gb a couple of weeks ago and for the first week I couldn't load up windows as it my monitor would lose signal while booting windows (it would also make a sound just before it loses signal). The problem went away after I took the gpu out and put it back in a few days later, but the problem has asrose again. I've used DDU to uninstall previous drivers, and it boots normally, but when I try to download drivers for it, the same problem will occur and then I will lose signal, and afterwards when I try to boot up windows it will lose signal again unless I use DDU again.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 2600
Asrock b450m pro4
Gigabyte rx 580 aorus 4gb
Team group 16gb ddr4 3000mhz (At auto it's set to 2400mhz and I left it like that)
Be quiet system power 9 500w
Crucial bx500 240gb
Windows 10 pro

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Normally, I would suspect your PSU. But that should not be an issue. From where did you purchase your used RX 580?

Prior to installing the drivers, Windows will use a basic driver to enable the GPU to work. When you install the AMD drivers, you enable all of the GPU's features and increase its power needs. I am suspicious of the health of your GPU.

Feb 22, 2019
I bought it from a local used computer parts store. And I don't think the psu is the issue since I put in a older gpu, and although it only required a 6 pin connector it worked fine.

Feb 22, 2019
Yes, the program from the website I can install fine, the issues only come to be when I use the program to install the drivers, at around 40-45% the problems stated above occur again where I lose signal and afterwards when I try turn on my pc it loses signal while loading up Windows. So I have to use DDU again to be able to go actually log in.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
On the support page for that model is a VGA Tool and a BIOS update. You need to determine what type of memory your particular RX 580 has. I assume running the VGA Tool can help with that. GPU-Z can possibly help as well. Try updating the BIOS on the RX 580.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Graphics-Card/GV-RX580AORUS-4GD-rev-10-11#support-dl-utility

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Recently, another member was have similar issues with a Be Quiet PSU and a RX 580 (IIRC). His PSU was indeed the problem and the issue (similar to yours) resolved after swapping his PSU (the Be Quiet was defective).

Do you have access to another 500w (or greater) PSU?

Feb 22, 2019
Ok, I tried using a different gpu (msi rx 580 8gb armour) and a different psu (corsair vengeance 650m silver rated) and the problems still occur. I've also tried my original gpu (gigabyte rx 580 4gb aorus) with the new psu and the same problems occur.