Not able to install graphic card

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Again, look in Add/Remove Software for anything related - remove it. Delete the folder the IMGA is installed in. Look at the details of the IMGA driver and locate ALL copies of that file on your computer and delete it - it won't be able to install itself again.

devrahul

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
manual Deletion is not working as files are either missing ( this is main reason) or not able to delete some files.
Update: Even reformated windows and still not able to get display only after installing graphic card.
I am suspecting that some drivers that i install from motherboard DVD is causing this issue.
Did not install IMGA this time.
So i am gonne try installing my graphic card without any motherboard driver and see if it works.
Able to boot in safe mode though after installing graphic card driver.
Let me see what comes out in the final.
Any doubt of any related hardware failure( unlikely though as i do not see any message) ?
It is starting to get on my nerves........................................................... Help needed seriously :-(
Thanks

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
In Safe Mode, you should be able to delete any files you find.

Yes, no drivers of any kind sounds good. I install my GPU drivers manually and I rarely install anything by loading the CD/DVD. When I need a driver, I point to the location in my \Master folder where I copied the CD and poke around till I find it. I don't let Windows connect EVER to the internet for drivers.

Which of these items in your system are new? Just the graphics card? Might be time to give up on it.

Have you tried the DVI port once drivers installed? Most cards default to the DVI port...

devrahul

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009

Card is working fine with other machine with vga output.
i am doubting motherboard issue after aaaaall this.
Thanks

devrahul

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
I cant believe that i bought this motherboard just to find out that it will not accept my any of 2 graphic card.
I was so excited with all the features it offered at such a good price.
Submitted the mobo to service center and i hope they will agree with me that board has an issue.
Sometime feel like............... oh well
Thanks

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
If you replace the board, I'd get a different model. Might be some issue with the cards and that board - unlikely as it seems. Let's hope it was just a bad board.

Heck, don't feel bad. At least you didn't have to suffer alone, we were right there with ya. Errrr....

devrahul

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009

But srsly is there any known issue that are causing this ?
What what and what could have gone wrong ? Not able to believe this.
I see nowhere on net that anyone has issue with this board why me only :-S
I am gonna post this thread again and see if i get anything.
Thanks

Install the newest GFX card driver, and use the DVI port once the driver is installed. You probably have to manually select to use the VGA port if your card has one, so once the drivers are installed, the VGA port is probably not the active output device.