Question Not able to install Windows

Jun 12, 2024
Edit: Fixed, i ran memtest and it turns out one of the ram was faulty. Thanks to everyone who tried helping!

Long story short, yesterday i cleaned my pc and applied new thermal paste and then the pc decided to stop working. First off, when i logged into Windows i got bsod. I then wiped my SSD`s. Tried to install new operating system (Windows 10 and 11 ) via USB but when i get to "Getting Files Ready For Installation" i get a bsod or an error. My guess is something broke when i dissassembled my pc yesterday but i have no idea what. Any help is very much appreaciated!

Here is what i tried:

Checking all cables
Resetting CMOS
flashing bios
Checked SSD via chdsk and no errors
re-seated cpu and cooler several times

Last edited:

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
Try installing onto a different drive, just to see if your original drive is the problem.

Also, full specs please. Every detail matters even if it doesn't ultimately help.

Jun 12, 2024
Try installing onto a different drive, just to see if your original drive is the problem.

Also, full specs please. Every detail matters even if it doesn't ultimately help.
Earlier I managed to install windows on the same ssd on a different pc without any problems.

Card: asus tuf 4090
Cpu: amd 7800x3d
Mob: msi mag b650 tomahawk wifi
Ssd: 2x samsung 990 pro
Aio: nxzt kraken 360 elite
Ram: 2x 16gb Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5

Tried to install new operating system (Windows 10 and 11 ) via USB but when i get to "Getting Files Ready For Installation" i get a bsod or an error. My guess is something broke when i dissassembled my pc yesterday but i have no idea what. Any help is very much appreaciated!
What BSOD? What error?
Those are important details BTW.
Make a screenshot, upload to imgur.com and show link to it.