[SOLVED] Not able to stream without pixelization with 9700k

Ducko

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
Hey there,I've been having problem with streaming. I am using Streamlabs OBS and I can't stream FPS games without them looking really pixelated. I've tried both encoders, x264 and NVENC, but I can't make it look watchable. I tried lowering the output resolution to 720p, but it still didn't work. I even put my bitrate up to 10000 and it was the same.

At this point I have no clue what to do. Any suggestions?
I can't link the videos of how it looks, since I stream on Youtube, and after a few hours youtube makes it look good, without pixelization.

Solution
8000 Kbps is enough for 1080P on Youtube. Increasing video Bitrate more than that would only negatively impact the video quality because of Youtube's compression. If you right click the video and select stats for nerds you can see the codecs. In most cases videos with avc codecs looks blurry and vp09 looks decent with no pixelation. For a while Videos from low pop channels played with avc codecs (personally tested this with a new channel and a high pop channel with 18k subs). It may have been fixed but if you are still stuck with it. You can bypass this by streaming on 1440P 18000Kbps which streams on vp09 codec or streaming regularly until Youtube algorithm assigns it for your channel.

Kamal007v

Honorable
Nov 15, 2014
8000 Kbps is enough for 1080P on Youtube. Increasing video Bitrate more than that would only negatively impact the video quality because of Youtube's compression. If you right click the video and select stats for nerds you can see the codecs. In most cases videos with avc codecs looks blurry and vp09 looks decent with no pixelation. For a while Videos from low pop channels played with avc codecs (personally tested this with a new channel and a high pop channel with 18k subs). It may have been fixed but if you are still stuck with it. You can bypass this by streaming on 1440P 18000Kbps which streams on vp09 codec or streaming regularly until Youtube algorithm assigns it for your channel.

Solution