Not able to turn on the computer (HELP)

lmlz

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
I am using an Acer computer and sometimes i might nt be able to turn it on. Why is that so? I have tired reconnecting the cables and all but sometimes it just doesnt works. What might be the problem?

G

Does any led blink? Any sound of beep or display signal? If you push the button and nothing, exactly nothing, happens, then it might be a hardware mal functional.

lmlz

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014

Theres no beep sound, when there normally is. The monitor screen shows the sign 'no signal'. Could i be overheating of the cpu? Becuz i tend to use the computer for long hours.

G

Open your case and let the computer (the PSU) plugged to an energy source; is there any led turned on?
Not, unless the overheat burned your motherboard.

Laptop or Desktop? Does it have proper cooling (you're not using a laptop in the middle of blankets or a desktop locked in a small drawer for example)? Check the case to make sure fans and vents are clear.

Does it only not turn on or does it sometimes shut off in middle of you using it?

This sounds like a power supply or maybe a motherboard issue, depending on exactly what is happening.

lmlz

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014

Nope, no led is turned on. I guess it might be a hardware malfunction or smt. It happens every single time i tried to turn on the computer. However, after awhile, the computer is able to turn on. Weird.

lmlz

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014

It used to shut off in the middle whn i was using but this issue is solved alr. Now im nt able to turn it on occasionally and sometimes all the time but after letting it rest for awhile(even though i have nt even used it), im able to turn on the computer.
It's a destop.

TRENDING THREADS