Not all my speakers play

Aug 5, 2019
I have a 5.1 speaker setup but only the left and right speakers play on youtube and spotify. I know they are both only support 2.1 but I would like them all to play. After a quick google search I am told to enable speaker fill but can’t seem to find that option anywhere on windows 10.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What motherboard do you have and audio software installed?

Window's Speaker fill option should be under speaker properties - enhancements. If it's missing it may have something to do with the audio software installed for your motherboard. If you have Realtek audio, what audio software is installed?

People have managed to get speaker fill back in Windows speaker properties by uninstalling and letting Windows use it's generic audio driver. If that's possible for you.

original

Aug 5, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I have a msi z170a gaming m3 but I'm not sure how to check what realtek audio software I'm running.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Software being Realtek hd audio manager.

Did you install audio drivers from Msi? If so, try going to device manager and uninstalling audio driver and reboot and see if Windows reinstalls it's own driver and bring you speaker fill.

Aug 5, 2019
Yes but the thing is that the speaker fill option in the Realtek HD audio manager didn't work so I uninstalled and reinstalled it back again and now it doesn't have the speaker fill option at all.