not booting intermittently

My son *now* tells me (after a few weeks, apparently) that the box often
(50%) refuses to cycle thru and boot up. We often have to reboot several
times before it finally seems to catch. Once in a while the monitor won't
even turn on while trying to boot, so we turn that off before rebooting,
then the monitor comes on.

Thoughts?

You need to determine whether it's a hardware (computer) issue rather than a
WinMe issue.

Boot using your Windows Startup (floppy) Disk and select Option 1.) the DOS
Help page. Try that several times and see if you are still having the same
intermittent bootup problem.

If so, then it's a problem with your PC and not with WinMe.

Try disconnecting any external items of hardware and make a note of EXACTLY
what is seen (and heard!! - POST beeps) as the machine is booted and
sequence of events. - Is the sequence always the same?

Also try booting into Safe Mode (F8 or Ctrl keys at boot-up) and again, see
if there are intermittent bootup problems.

Good luck

Mart