[SOLVED] not booting unless I use 2 rams

Jerahya

Reputable
Jul 23, 2016
I have 2 different ddr3 ram. one is hyper X 1866 and other one is a ordinary 1333. both are 8GB. thing is I'm overclocking and I'm not getting most of the juice with both ram running only 1333mhz so I decided to ditch the 1333 until I get another hyper X 1866mhz. But for some reason, putting the Hyper X alone causes my PC not to boot. It just turns on and off in loop no post which means could mean ram issue. So i switch it to 4 different slots but still not booting as it should. I tried the 1333 alone and it booted fine.putting both ram in any slot will boot the system fine. Tried resetting the bios while both ram are in and restarted with hyper X alone but still doesn't boot. using latest bios. Any idea what causes this?

system specs
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU: i5-2500k @4.7Ghz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: MIS GTX 960

Solution
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold.

Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to be compatible together. This includes exact match, same thing, identical.

What is recommended is the use of a single kit.

Jerahya

Reputable
Jul 23, 2016
Having this two different ram works and the system turns on fine. but having only hyper X in the motherboard doesn't boot the system. its just a cycle of on and off.