[SOLVED] Not booting up

May 16, 2020
I have:

Asus M5A78L-MLX3 AM3+ socket motherboard,
Amd Fx 4300 cpu
Corsair VS350 Psu.

It doesn't turn on when i push the button on the case. But when i turn on the power switch. It immediately turn on my rgb lights and that green light in the mobo. But when i push the button on the pc case it does nothing.
I have checked the PSU by that pin method if its working or not and the psu fan doesn't turn on but the lights are turning on. I have tried with cell thing and i don't know what to do. Please help me here.
This happened when i was using my pc and suddenly it turned off itself. I thought it would be some loose wire. But after that i again tried booting up it went to my windows sign and again turned off automatically. And from till that i haven't turned on.
Help please.
Thanks

Solution
Include the age of the PSU.

The pin method - I think you're talking about the paperclip test. f so, that does not indicate if the power supply can output the power necessary for the entire system. Also, you might want to use a reliably built 450W PSU as a replacement unit to see if the system powers up.

Lutfij

Titan
Include the age of the PSU.

The pin method - I think you're talking about the paperclip test. f so, that does not indicate if the power supply can output the power necessary for the entire system. Also, you might want to use a reliably built 450W PSU as a replacement unit to see if the system powers up.

Solution

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
  • psu fan doesn't turn on but the lights are turning on.
  • I have tried with cell thing and i don't know what to do
  • suddenly it turned off itself.
  • went to my windows sign and again turned off automatically.

Was posting just as Lutfij was, so just thought i'd express agreement.

All of the above would point to PSU initially. It is also a budget PSU and the age could undoubtedly be a factor.

Could be the PSU has had it's time. Agreed that swapping with a known working PSU will confirm.