Not booting windows. Stuck at splash screen

May 27, 2018
When I boot or restart my computer it will either stuck at black screen or stuck at Alienware splash screen. There is no response no matter what buttons I press. I have to hard reboot 3-4 times before it will eventually past the splash screen and load windows. As problem only occurs after it loaded the BIOS screen, I am able to load into the BIOS and also boot with safe mode. This problem also only occurs after i upgraded my GPU and installed the latest driver. I have no problem playing games on ultra settings or any daily usage, it is just this booting up issue which prevents me to switch off or restart my computer. Could it be my driver that is causing this?

Solution
Update BIOS/Reinstall Windows/Try with single ram stick
But my best guess is that you will need to replace your motherboard (If you have possibility then check your setup with different motherboard) :)

Doseq

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
Update BIOS/Reinstall Windows/Try with single ram stick
But my best guess is that you will need to replace your motherboard (If you have possibility then check your setup with different motherboard) :)

Solution

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
You can try removing usb drives. I upgraded the ram of my backup pc and it did the same. I removed my wifi usb stick and it was working fine again. Also, are you sure you have seated the gpu and psu cables of it properly?