Question Not booting

harshsaroha21

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
I have a Ant Esports VS500L PSU . It was working fine then i moved to a different place and in the process i lost the power cable which came with it . I brought a power cable its rated for 6 A 250 V with it my PC is not turning on. On the back of PSU it says 10 A 250 V . So do i have to get a wire rated for 10 A 250 V to get it working ?

I have a Ant Esports VS500L PSU . It was working fine then i moved to a different place and in the process i lost the power cable which came with it . I brought a power cable its rated for 6 A 250 V with it my PC is not turning on. On the back of PSU it says 10 A 250 V . So do i have to get a wire rated for 10 A 250 V to get it working ?
If that is the ONLY difference. The PC should turn on. I think there is something else going on. I'd be checking connections....especially since you moved it.

Well i checked most of them they all seems fine.
Is there any indication power is getting to the motherboard? Lights? Anything?
Are you sure it's the proper power cable (other than the rating).
6 amps or 10 amps isn't going to matter....it should start with either.
So you think something inside the PC may have gotten jostled when you moved it?
If so I'd power down, open up the PC and look and reseat plugs and whatever else.

harshsaroha21

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018
There is no indication of anything even the
Is there any indication power is getting to the motherboard? Lights? Anything?
Are you sure it's the proper power cable (other than the rating).
6 amps or 10 amps isn't going to matter....it should start with either.
So you think something inside the PC may have gotten jostled when you moved it?
If so I'd power down, open up the PC and look and reseat plugs and whatever else.
There is no indication of anythin coming even the fan of psu is not rotating and also there are some rgb fans connected to psu through molex connectors even they are not rotating. Is it possible that my pc parts could have gotten damaged?

" Is it possible that my pc parts could have gotten damaged? "
As long as you were reasonably careful moving it....probably not.

It MAY be just something with that new cable...although I think that would be unlikely....but it's possible.

If I was sure the power cable was connected to the PSU correctly....and I was sure I had power at the outlet....I would power down...open the PC....and make sure everything is connected and nothing came loose during the move.

harshsaroha21

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018

It MAY be just something with that new cable...although I think that would be unlikely....but it's possible.

If I was sure the power cable was connected to the PSU correctly....and I was sure I had power at the outlet....I would power down...open the PC....and make sure everything is connected and nothing came loose during the move.
The wire is fine i tested it on a d/f pc and it turned on. There is one sign of life tho when i connect the wire and press the button on back of psu my speakers starts making kinda of a sparky noise or something like that. Is this a good sign ?

harshsaroha21

Reputable
Jun 12, 2018

I found a small black thing which looks like its a part of motherboard. Can that be the reason of my pc not turning on ?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I found a small black thing which looks like its a part of motherboard. Can that be the reason of my pc not turning on ?
Got a picture?

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

I would for best get a cable for the psu which is rated for it. Maybe a protection is kicking in.