TJ

I have a GW 300s that won't post.
It has an MSI 6312 MB with a Celeron 1Gb cpu.
I have hooked up the cd and floppy to another system of mine and they
are fine along with pulling the ram and trying to boot, to no avail.
I have also tried running my other ps to this system, nothing.
Could it be anything else, besides the cpu or mb?

Thanks for any help.

tanya

tj wrote:

> I have a GW 300s that won't post.
> It has an MSI 6312 MB with a Celeron 1Gb cpu.
> I have hooked up the cd and floppy to another system of mine and they
> are fine along with pulling the ram and trying to boot, to no avail.
> I have also tried running my other ps to this system, nothing.
> Could it be anything else, besides the cpu or mb?
>
> Thanks for any help.

psu? (assuming you meant pc not ps :)
battery?
video card?
do the kb lights flash RIGHT when you hit the power button?

TJ

Tanya <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message news:<40DF3CB7.604ECCD3@attglobal.net>...
> tj wrote:
>
> > I have a GW 300s that won't post.
> > It has an MSI 6312 MB with a Celeron 1Gb cpu.
> > I have hooked up the cd and floppy to another system of mine and they
> > are fine along with pulling the ram and trying to boot, to no avail.
> > I have also tried running my other ps to this system, nothing.
> > Could it be anything else, besides the cpu or mb?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
>
> psu? (assuming you meant pc not ps :)
> battery?
> video card?
> do the kb lights flash RIGHT when you hit the power button?

Power supply from my other system.
It's a generic GW system.. everything is onboard.
Turn on the power switch only the power supply fan comes on. Nothing else.
No boot, no Post.. nothing.

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

No beeps? This brings back memories of my MS-6330. When mine did exactly
what yours did, I replaced the mobo and all was fine again. Well, except
the stupid freakin stick of ram that fried with the board, and it was my
newest stick too.

smith

"tj" <getbent99@graffiti.net> wrote in message
> Tanya <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> > tj wrote:
> >
> > > I have a GW 300s that won't post.
> > > It has an MSI 6312 MB with a Celeron 1Gb cpu.
> > > I have hooked up the cd and floppy to another system of mine and they
> > > are fine along with pulling the ram and trying to boot, to no avail.
> > > I have also tried running my other ps to this system, nothing.
> > > Could it be anything else, besides the cpu or mb?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > psu? (assuming you meant pc not ps :)
> > battery?
> > video card?
> > do the kb lights flash RIGHT when you hit the power button?
>
> Power supply from my other system.
> It's a generic GW system.. everything is onboard.
> Turn on the power switch only the power supply fan comes on. Nothing
else.
> No boot, no Post.. nothing.

tanya

tj wrote:

> Tanya <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message news:<40DF3CB7.604ECCD3@attglobal.net>...
> > tj wrote:
> >
> > > I have a GW 300s that won't post.
> > > It has an MSI 6312 MB with a Celeron 1Gb cpu.
> > > I have hooked up the cd and floppy to another system of mine and they
> > > are fine along with pulling the ram and trying to boot, to no avail.
> > > I have also tried running my other ps to this system, nothing.
> > > Could it be anything else, besides the cpu or mb?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > psu? (assuming you meant pc not ps :)
> > battery?
> > video card?
> > do the kb lights flash RIGHT when you hit the power button?
>
> Power supply from my other system.
> It's a generic GW system.. everything is onboard.
> Turn on the power switch only the power supply fan comes on. Nothing else.
> No boot, no Post.. nothing.

as far as everything being onboard
is there a slot for *a* video card from 1 of your other pc's?
if so, can you disable the onBoard video chip/card with a jumper on the board?
(may not even need to disable but i'd try another video card from another pc.)

so only the fan coming on means that the kboard leds do NOT flash?
reason: *apparently* kboard leds flashing point to something other than the mBoard.

is the cpu securely in the socket?
make sure (have seen a dislodged cpu do this)

have you actually changed / switched the battery?

have you cleaned out the connectors with cmprssd air (let it evaporate) and then reseated cables etc

have you removed what you can and just tried to boot with ram?

long shot: the power cord: is the wall extension good (not sure whether when you tried other psu you
used the working pc's cord and outlet.)
just make sure that the power cord is good and secure.

have you tried the sick pc with a boot disk?
did the drive light up?

also i would try another monitor from the working pc

and I would try the good pc's floppy drive and cd-rom (with their cables) in the sick 1

finally, are there any bulges or areas that look melted on the board? (ie maybe something overheated)

1 more thing: do you have a voltmeter? if so you can check the voltages from the psu, (is this atx?)
to the board, to the hdd, the floppy the pinouts for the mem slots which if they are what they should
be (if you need values i have them but the psu hopefully should have them) -- if may help determine
the integrity of the board (the power)

if 1 of your other pcs' cpu uses the same slot maybe try it.

of course a rpl board'd likely fix things :)
sincerely
Tanya
p.s. sorry this is so long but just wonder how the computer was running prior to this?

TRENDING THREADS