not connecting to wifi

Roopdhar Rao

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
i have a dell inspiron 620 st direct base,it is not connecting wireless or detecting any networks and i cant find any switchs on the desktop computer.
please help.

Solution
If you are hard-wired into an Ethernet port, and you are not detecting the network, I would suggest making sure your Network Drivers are up to par.
Do this by going to Start > Device Manager, and find your Network Drivers. Then update them. After that and once you are successfully connected to the Internet, Windows Updates help keep the rest of drivers up to par as well as key Windows components.

This will also solve your Wireless Internet issues, if you have a Wireless card.

thicks083

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
If you are hard-wired into an Ethernet port, and you are not detecting the network, I would suggest making sure your Network Drivers are up to par.
Do this by going to Start > Device Manager, and find your Network Drivers. Then update them. After that and once you are successfully connected to the Internet, Windows Updates help keep the rest of drivers up to par as well as key Windows components.

This will also solve your Wireless Internet issues, if you have a Wireless card.

Solution