Not detecting microphone - Windows 10

SaltyGamer

Honorable
Nov 12, 2015
www.tijdvoorbier.nl
Hey,

I've built my PC about half a year ago, I have had no problems with it whatsoever, until now.

My headset connects with two 3.5mm cables, one for the mic and one for the speakers.
Whenever I plug in my headset (Both cables) it doesn't detect the mic (If I open Recording devices nothing shows up).
It does detect the speakers, but they sometimes glitch, they appear and then they disappear and then they appear again, really fast (In Playback devices).
These two problems started at the same time, and I have never had any trouble with my headset before.

Here are all the things I tried and that failed:

• Restarting my PC (did still not detect anything)
    Plugging the mic directly into the (front) audio jack (did still not detect anything)
    Uninstalling drivers via Device manager and then restart, and plug my headset in again (did still not detect anything)
    Downloading Realtek drivers (did still not detect anything)
    Updating my NVidia drivers (did still not detect anything)
    Trying another mic from another headset (did still not detect anything)
    Plugging the mic directly into the audio jack at the back (Did detect, but did not pick up any sound)
Whenever I put the speaker cable into the microphone jack, it does detect something, I know this doesn't work, but if it detects something, the cable to the motherboard can't be loose or something. So I guess it's a software problem...?

Thank you for your time, I hope you can help me solve this annoying problem.

By the way: Sorry for my bad English (If any found).

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried installing your Realtek drivers under compatibility mode?
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility tab>Windows 7/8[from drop down menu]
and see if the issue is averted. To be honest though your case has been well documented all over the www and the issue stems toward both the driver and the new platform courtesy of Microsoft whereby the OS doesn't recognize the drivers or the drivers refuse to communicate with the device and OS. Most workarounds incorporate a new sound card while others just made do with a USB sound card.

You could also try previous versions of Realtek drivers but run them in compatibility mode(as stated above). Have you made sure your BIOS and remaining device drivers are up to date? You might find it worthwhile to pass on your full systems specs. Sometimes a small detail could cause a lot of headache.