[SOLVED] Not detecting ram

contagioussheep17

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
Hi, I have recently bought an 8gb ddr4 2400mhz stcik to go along side the identical stick in my pc, however upon installing it, windows only detects 8gbs. I have tried both sticks and they both work, I am using the grey slots. Any ideas?

Solution
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Modules sold as Singles have no guarantee to be compatible if used in multiple combinations.

Use of identical, exact match, same thing may increase your chances of memory working together over the use of random modules, but have no guarantee to be compatible together.

Workarounds to get extra memory working include:
Lower memory clock speed
Relax DRAM timings
Increase DRAM voltage
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Modules sold as Singles have no guarantee to be compatible if used in multiple combinations.

Use of identical, exact match, same thing may increase your chances of memory working together over the use of random modules, but have no guarantee to be compatible together.

Lower memory clock speed
Relax DRAM timings
Increase DRAM voltage

Solution

contagioussheep17

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018

Lower memory clock speed
Relax DRAM timings
Increase DRAM voltage

Hahahahaha, I ran my computer with both sticks in it for well over a year, with only 8gb being used. Just today I took the CMOS battery out for 15m, put back in and 16gb is now detected and running in dual channel. Wow.