[SOLVED] Not enough connectors for Corsair 750i?

omegaglory1

Distinguished
May 5, 2015
Hi all, I'm about to buy the Corsair RM750i PSU. On Overclockers's page, it says the connectors include
4 x 6+2-Pin-PCIe connectors. Does this mean there are four cables in total or have I read it wrong?

I'll be trying to get my hands on an ASUS RTX 3070 dual fan which uses two 8 pin connectors, which means I need two cables running between it and the PSU. I want to make sure the PSU I'm buying will have the cables I need when it arrives.

Solution
4x6+2 means it comes with four connectors with an 8 pin plug on it. Prior who buy a psu that only has I've are buying low end junk. Around a decade ago i bought a 450W 80+gold psu that had 2x6+2. People who had 500 or 550W psu talked about having only a single 6pin plug. Sorry, but those are junk. Buy a good one like the one you mentioned and you'll be fine.

omegaglory1

Distinguished
May 5, 2015
It comes with 4x6+2, and you need 2x8 pin. Why so you think you'll be short? 4>2, 6+2 =8. You'll be fine.
Thanks for the reply. This is the very first time I'm buying a PSU. I keep reading about people buying PSUs which come packaged with only one 6+2-Pin-PCIe connector, not nearly enough to connect the GPU. I was a bit confused by the wording "4 x 6+2-Pin-PCIe" on the product page.

I probably should have said earlier, I bought a prebuilt system 10 years ago and have been gradually upgrading it, learning as I go. It's pretty much a completely different PC to the one I had at the very start. It came with a non modular Corsair PSU and is the last component to be upgraded.

4745454b

Titan
4x6+2 means it comes with four connectors with an 8 pin plug on it. Prior who buy a psu that only has I've are buying low end junk. Around a decade ago i bought a 450W 80+gold psu that had 2x6+2. People who had 500 or 550W psu talked about having only a single 6pin plug. Sorry, but those are junk. Buy a good one like the one you mentioned and you'll be fine.

Solution