Justin9000

Honorable
May 9, 2016
I've been playing GTA V for a while on low settings (25 - 30 fps) and I see that there is a lot of video memory left. The same goes for GTA 4 when i set everything to high and I still get around 1GB video memory unused, but the performance is very poor. Does anyone know what could be the problem? If its a Bottleneck issue can I do anything else except upgrading?

Thanks

Specs:
CPU : Intel i3 4150 @ 3.5GHz
GPU : Nvidia GT 610 2GB
RAM : 12GB DDR3

Solution
The problem is your GPU has 2GB VRAM, but not enough actual raw GPU rendering power to keep up with it. A 610 is by no means a gaming GPU, and it doesn't even make sense that they put 2GB VRAM on it. For a game like GTA V, you should be using at least a 630. The bare minimum requirement is a 9800 GT level GPU, which scores 463 on Passmark. You 610 scores only 293.

If you want to set everything to High though, you're going to need at least a GTX 660 level GPU, which also supports ShadowPlay.
The problem is your GPU has 2GB VRAM, but not enough actual raw GPU rendering power to keep up with it. A 610 is by no means a gaming GPU, and it doesn't even make sense that they put 2GB VRAM on it. For a game like GTA V, you should be using at least a 630. The bare minimum requirement is a 9800 GT level GPU, which scores 463 on Passmark. You 610 scores only 293.

If you want to set everything to High though, you're going to need at least a GTX 660 level GPU, which also supports ShadowPlay.

Last edited:
Solution