[SOLVED] Not enough IMac memory for IPad restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMR5161

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Didn't realize i needed so much memory... At the moment the IMac memory is dipping below 18 gigabytes and the restore is only half done.... How can I stop this without losing everything on my IPad?

Solution
Your iPad's contents are backed-up on your iMac, right? Hopefully you didn't attempt a restore without having first backed-up.

Check your user's home folder->music folder (the default location for applications and files managed by iTunes) to confirm your iPad's contents are there. Otherwise, it sounds like you may need to cancel the restore (which hopefully reverts the iPad to it's previous state) and reattempt once you have sufficient storage for your iMac.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Your iPad's contents are backed-up on your iMac, right? Hopefully you didn't attempt a restore without having first backed-up.

Check your user's home folder->music folder (the default location for applications and files managed by iTunes) to confirm your iPad's contents are there. Otherwise, it sounds like you may need to cancel the restore (which hopefully reverts the iPad to it's previous state) and reattempt once you have sufficient storage for your iMac.

Solution

BMR5161

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

You know, I'm pretty sure I'd have to go to ITunes to see whatever music or Applications I have... Went to where you were pointing me to and all I could find was a folder that wouldn't open and show that it was holding IPad files or what....

There is a restore button on the IPad that returns everything to it's factory state and this would erase everything on my IPad and it certainly would be sad if I didn't have a back up! On the IMac, I did have a backup.

Thanks for the help,

-Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS