Not Enough Key Delay In BIOS

Akazi

Reputable
May 24, 2014
This has been bothering me ever since I got this PC (Dell Optiplex 755 Mini-tower), while in the BIOS there is NOT enough key delay, this has prevented me from setting an Admin password for the BIOS due to the fear that I may not be able to get in again, it is so extreme that when I am typing I will usually get more characters than I intended, upon holding down a certain key there are about 30 characters within a second or so. Any way to put a little more delay on this?

Akazi

Reputable
May 24, 2014

I do not have a UEFI BIOS as I am running Windows 7 Professional Edition (64 bit). Not upgrading until Windows 10 comes out... (And that is a for sure upgrade, lol)

I've never seen this happen like this that you can't actually type, try using a different keyboard or a different connection (PS2 instead of USB or vice versa). You can also check for a BIOS update for the system.

I've never seen this happen like this that you can't actually type, try using a different keyboard or a different connection (PS2 instead of USB or vice versa). You can also check for a BIOS update for the system.

TRENDING THREADS