Not enough memory error but that cant be true

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhysoTronic

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
Windows is giving me message that there is not enough memory but that cant be true because there is 20GB RAM. Also Chrome tabs crush and some of them are buggy and I get message that there is not enough memory. Also I can notice that chrome is laggy sometimes. For example when I got on this site, I had delay like 2-3sec before it started to scroll down, but later it was fine. I had delay with my writing too, typing and I can see that letters are not showing as fast as they should. These problems occur and fix themselves but it happens relatively often.Also my facebook freeze sometimes (few times per day) and I need to close tab and reopen it because refresh doesnt do anything. I had fresh installation of windows not long ago because of this problem. Im using lot of incognito tabs and I have open normal chrome. Around 140-150 tabs xD But I did this before and I had no problems like this. Here are pictures of my task manager for memory usage
http://imgur.com/a/hj76U

CPU:i5 2500k OC to 4.0
RAM:20GB
HDD:120GB SSD, 40GB is free

P.S. also on second monitor my chrome just becomes black but when I pass with mouse over it, it returns to normal :S I really have no idea why is this happening

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you changed your page file settings? Out of memory error doesn't just mean ram, it means ram + page file, I have seen people run out of memory with 20+ GB free ram.

wonder how much chrome uses by itself, I will let you add them all up.

It could be a driver leak, what motherboard do you have? Does it have Killer ethernet on it? If so, those alone are known to cause memory leaks

Download Process explorer and run it as admin (it comes from Microsoft so its safe)

the default view is tree structure meaning like your task manager screen, it will show what processes are under each service, but unlike task manager, it shows the ram usage of each part so you can see what is eating your memory

Private bytes = actual ram usage
Working set = Ram + page file usage << likely to be where you find problem

This page shows what all the colours and headings mean, link at bottom of it shows how to use it to find problems. You can right click headers and run an av scan from within the program.

PhysoTronic

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

Unverified:
Music.UI.exe-grey
Calculator.exe-grey
HxOutlook.xe-bright blue/cyan
HxTsr.exe-bright blue/cyan
Microsoft.Photos.exe-grey

Here is picture of everything:
http://imgur.com/a/MWHVd
+
http://imgur.com/a/QZh5P

Colif

Win 11 Master
Based on the colors in the picture above, here is what each of the selected items mean (the others aren’t really important).

New Objects (Bright Green) – When a new process shows up in Process Explorer, it starts out as bright green.
Deleted Objects (Red) – When a process is killed or closes it will usually flash red right before deleting.
Own Processes (Light Blueish) – Processes running as the same user account as Process Explorer.
Services (Light Pink) – Windows Service processes, although it’s worth noting that they might have child processes that are launched as a different user, and those might be a different color.
Suspended Processes (Dark Gray) – When a process is suspended it can’t do anything. You can easily use Process Explorer to suspend an application. Sometimes crashed apps will briefly show up in gray while Windows is handling the crash.
Immersive Process (Bright Blue) – This is just a fancy way of saying that the process is a Windows 8 application using the new APIs. In the screenshot earlier you might have noticed WSHost.exe, which is a “Windows Store Host” process that runs Metro apps. For some reason Explorer.exe and Task Manager will also show up as immersive.
Packed Images (Purple) – these processes might contain compressed code hidden inside of them, or at least Process Explorer thinks that they do by using heuristics. If you see a purple process, make sure to scan for malware!

Grey ones are just suspended in ram, not currently being run. LIght blue are windows apps
All the unverified are in fact part of windows, I looked them all up. HxTsr.exe is part of Outlook 2016.

according to colours, the one you should have looked at is Bit torrent only as it might have something running compressed inside it.

Nothing really obvious, I looked through them twice as I am good at missing the obvious

What motherboard do you have?

PhysoTronic

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

Torrent is also 0/61
AsRock P67 Extreme4
Also i forgot to mention. I get my tabs killed by chrome often. but its only tabs in incognito while normal tabs are good.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Motherboard doesn't have great selection of drivers for windows 10.

I would dl the latest LAN drivers from here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&Langid=1&Level=5&PFid=5&PNid=13

From what I understand, the System commit here is total used page file + ram usage
5ZowGXD.png

Curious how the time in physical memory is 3 minutes different to the top one

Total is the amount of pagefile-backed virtual address space in use, i.e., the current commit charge. This is composed of main memory (RAM) and disk (pagefiles). The corresponding performance counter is called "Committed Bytes".
Limit is the maximum possible value for Total; it is the sum of the current pagefile size plus the physical memory available for pageable contents (this excludes RAM that is assigned to non-pageable areas). The corresponding performance counter is called "Commit Limit".
Peak is the highest amount that the total commit charge has reached since the operating system was last started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commit_charge

Process explorer renames Total as Current

its likely a memory leak but figuring out which is the hard part.

love to know how you managed to peak at 35gb when your limit is 26gb

PhysoTronic

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

Can memory leak happen because Im using 2x2GB + 2x8GB ram slots? Because I had problem with that and I switched my slots with each other and then error stop happening (blue screen xD).

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you run PC for a while without 150 chrome attachments and see if you get same memory usage? it might help us find it much faster. Might tell you if cause is chrome itself.

Do you have many addons in chrome? it could be one of them asking for memory and not releasing it

PhysoTronic

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

http://imgur.com/a/EOp7A

here you go. I closed all chrome tabs

Colif

Win 11 Master
imgur is like that. right click the image on link and select open in new tab and then put that link inbetween img tags (need to have [] around img or it won't work). click the bbcode buitton under my post above, it will show you format

what add ons are you running in chrome? It appears to be the main user on PC and one of its add ons could be the problem, if it didn't hapopen at all while you weren't using chrome.

Its normal for chrome to use page file, its doing it on my pc now. with 150 tabs open it will use a lot.

PhysoTronic

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

Google Docs, Google Doccs Offline, Google Sheets, Google Slides and uBlock Origin who is allowed in incognito mod
I did [img) (/img] but i cant see my picture

PhysoTronic

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

I got it now :D and i reuploaded right picture for black spots
I dont think that will do much, like I said I recently (before few days) installed windows 10 so I dont think its problem with cache and cookies. Im not so sure about canary :S experimental browser who can completely crush? I dont see how that will fix my problem if I swap from one crash because of memory error to crash because of experimental software xD

Colif

Win 11 Master

PhysoTronic

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

I got these problems after I downloaded latest update for nvidia xD
I did first 5 points and they didnt detect anything
https://rtechsupport.org/kb/mwremoval/

Edit: I have geforce GTX 960 2GB windforce

Having mis-matched memory "may" cause a problem, although your computer appears to see all of it. You may want to remove the 2x2GB and see if the problem persists.

To include your imgur images in your posts, click on the image in imgur.com and then use the copy button in the BBCode(message boards and forums) section on the right hand side (fifth one down on the list).

PhysoTronic

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

I had problem like that before where i had 8gb 2gb 8gb 2gb order on motherboard and I had BSOD every few days all connected with memory leaking, disk something and similar. Then I switched their position to 2-8-2-8 and then I never got BSOD again

something is messed up with your copy of google chrome. I would go in and disable its extensions. something might be attempting to overflow the stack to gain access to other processes.

you might even just uninstall it and install a new copy directly from google.

(there were just way too many threads running chrome)

PhysoTronic

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

every tab in chrome is stand alone process so its not suprise to have many threads when I have 160 tabs open. I installed chrome few days ago from google and Im using only ublock origin + standard google docs and other extension default with chrome

PhysoTronic

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

Just installed windwos on new ssd and same thing happens with black spots

Status
Not open for further replies.