graf

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Hi all,

I have run into a problem I have never seen or heard of before. When accessing eBay home page by typing www.ebay.com the ebay page appears.....but none of the pictures or icons are displayed and in one of the frames on the page it says that I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PRIVELEGES TO SEE THIS PAGE. Then, in the same page it says that I should click on the link provided and contact the site admin. After clicking on the link it is trying to connect to dubbleclick server and then it says that the connection cannot be extablished. I tried using Firefox instead of Explorer but with the same results. Most of the other sites work properly....but sometimes i hit a page with the same problem.

Virus????

Cookies are ON
I have checked other setting and they are as they should be.

Any help or point in the right direction is much appreciated.

Thx.

sturm

Splendid
this isnt an 'at work computer' is it?
If this is a home computer, check the security level in the internet options.
You can try setting it to a lower level but that might open some security holes that you dont want.

graf

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
thx for the suggestion.....no it's not a work computer and all security settings have been tried. This happens at ANY security setting.

Any other suggestions?

I think I am on the verge of reinstalling windows :cry:

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Doubleclick I believe is either Spyware, Adware, or Malware. You've been invaded methinks.

Clean out your Registry by trying Ad-Aware and Spybot (both free). A MUCH better one is Pest Patrol; but it costs some dough.