[SOLVED] Not Enough PSU Connectors for GTX 1660

Aug 26, 2020
Hello,

Though I'm sure that my 750W PSU can handle the GTX 1660 I just bought, the power supply doesn't have enough cables/pins for the new GPU. Does anyone have a good solution for this problem? I've found cables that run sata power to a six-pin male for the GPU - does anyone know if those are a legitimate solution? Here's a link to the kind of cable I mean:

Thanks!

Solution
a quality 750w psu should easily handle 2 gpu's. if it does not have the connections for a single one, then it is likely a very cheap junk grade unit.

not having the connections means whomeever made it knows it can't deliver the power. adapters do not create power, they simply change the way a connection looks. they are very rarely a good idea and in this case, i am sure it won't be either.

but do list the system specs including the exact psu model. we can at least look it up and see what it might be able to do. but i'd be looking for a new psu. "750w" without at least 2x 6+2 connections is not looking very good right from the start,

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
a quality 750w psu should easily handle 2 gpu's. if it does not have the connections for a single one, then it is likely a very cheap junk grade unit.

not having the connections means whomeever made it knows it can't deliver the power. adapters do not create power, they simply change the way a connection looks. they are very rarely a good idea and in this case, i am sure it won't be either.

but do list the system specs including the exact psu model. we can at least look it up and see what it might be able to do. but i'd be looking for a new psu. "750w" without at least 2x 6+2 connections is not looking very good right from the start,

Solution