not enough space for Windows 10 update

Mar 24, 2018
My wifes ASUS TP200S notebook came with Windows 10 64 bit OS pre installed on a 64 GB eMMC storage device. Windows 10 wants to do updates, but of course there is not enough space to do the updates. I installed a 16GB microsd card. it has fat32 file system installed on the card. I'm unable to get Windows to update to the card and I don't know if that is even possible. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Solution

You simply need to move or delete some stuff from that 64GB eMMC drive.
You can't use the 16GB to do the 'update'.

SugarPsycho

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
This is possible see if you can make a spanned drive to incorporate the micro sd, I am not sure if it will let you edit the C drive that way but its worth a try.
NOTE: You should only use this as a temporary fix see if you can find a new, larger hard drive because of 1. Windows raid (that's what a spanned drive is) is not that great, 2. That micro sd will fill quickly as well

https://www.minitool.com/lib/spanned-volume.html how to span

Mar 24, 2018
Can't install a larger hard drive as what is installed now is an eMMC which I assume is nothing more than flash memory. There is no way to install a hard drive of any kind in this machine. I think she just has to live with Windows constantly reminding her to install updates.
Thanks

USAFRet

Titan

You simply need to move or delete some stuff from that 64GB eMMC drive.
You can't use the 16GB to do the 'update'.

Solution