Question [Not fixed]Win 10 system freeze without BSOD but only when first starting the PC that day

SoulOfDerp

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
A few months ago, I started to have some freezes without BSOD but only when playing the game Path of Exile, it only happens 10-30 minutes when I start the PC that day, it never happens after I force reboot, I can play for 10+ hours without problem (or play other games for some time before playing Path of Exile). So naturally I contacted their support, here's the main thing they said:

---Your DxDiag does reflect quite a few application crashes that appear to be due to possible memory problems with your computer

---Sorry for the confusion but these errors don't come from any specific applications. RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 errors are more a sign of internal memory issues. As [their staff] has recommended, we'd suggest running tests to check memory for your PC.

But Memtest and some other software from google showed no problem with my RAM or Memory. So well, I just dont open the game right away since it never happened with other games or not gaming for 30min - 1 hour.

But then, after a few months, I am starting to get these freezes when I only have Google Chrome opened. The frozen screen with my MSI after burner shown all hardware usage below 30% and both CPU and GPU temperature below 60C. One time, I did see a blue screen for a split second before the screen turn pure black but no dump file can be found even I did have it enabled (automatic). 99% of the freezes is jsut screen freezing without BSOD.

I dont even know where to start finding the problem at this point.

Here are the spec pulled from DxDiag:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: AB350M-Gaming 3
BIOS: F22 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8142MB RAM
Page File: 7737MB used, 8596MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

Display was NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 and over the months I basically keep the drivers up to date and windows update running.

The strangest thing is that it never happens after a restart. Its like the PC refuse to work until it crashed once, everyday.

SoulOfDerp

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
Update, it freezed again today but this time when I try to reboot its just black screen with no BIOS no KB/m lights and no beeps.

This happened 3 years ago too when I first get this PC, I shake around the wires and sometimes it could boot back then, and everytime it did not boot, shaking the wires inside actualy worked. after a while, for some reason, it did not happen again for at least 1.5 years. Now this problem is back again too.

Update 2, tried to remove one stick of RAM, boot, nothing, replace the one stick I just remove with the one still on, it booted and started windows. Turn off PC, put the other RAM stick back, so now they swapped places, it boots again.... now I just wait and see if it freezes again. It feels like there's more then one problem I am facing here since this not booting problem is not new. And when I just got the PC my crashes actually gave me a BSOD (was HD problem and I kind of bypassed it). But now, this....

Update 3, over an hour now no freeze, at this point its stable before I turn it off again from what I see so far, I kind of dont want to turn off my PC... this PC gave me non-stop issues since I got it, big and small.... 🤢 I dont know if I should just say F- it and build another one.

Last edited: