[SOLVED] Not getting 144HZ

westgate

Commendable
Feb 18, 2018
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

I have a Asus VG278HV monitor and I use to get 144 hz but now my monitor is only letting me get 120 hz, Im using a DVI cable that goes to a VisionTek dual link active. All Bios is up to date along with GPU so I'm not sure when or why this problem is happening. The only thing that I have happening is when I turn the monitor on and off or switch sources I get this message from the monitor "Incorrect cable. Please use the dual-link DVI cable that came with your monitor" Which I am using that cable but I've always have been getting this message since I started using the VisionTek dual link Active. I've rebooted the computer, unplugged the monitor for a minute, swapped ports on the GPU. So at this point I'm at a lose of what to do...

My Build:
Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz

GRAPHICS
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
MEMORY
32 GB
STORAGE
Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB
Hitachi HUA721010KLA330

westgate

Commendable
Feb 18, 2018
Also forgot to mention that in NVIDIA control Panel under Display for connector it is saying HDMI-HDTV which is strange to me because I have that DVI cable and under sources I am under DVI so not sure why its saying that in the control panel or if that's even worth mentioning .

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ordered adapter to run conversion from DP to DVI for Acer GN246HL 144hz Gaming Display, read a lot of reviews of this Adapter being able to support 144hz display despite only being rated for 60hz which was confirmed to me by manufacturer. Upon intial installation I could immediately see full 144hz on my display, but sadly there was a floating pop-up in my Monitors firmware claiming it was the "Incorrect Cable". From the reviews I've read and information I've gathered this VisionTek adapter will support 144hz gaming on all 144hz EXCEPT for Acer's GN246HL and a BenQ monitor I can't recall the model of. It was a fun surprise to see that my display, despite the pop-up, was running 144hz, sadly I do have to refund the part since it's completely incompatible with my exact setup.

Manufacturer verified only 60Hz, lucky if you get the full 144Hz. Out of luck if you only get 120Hz since it's beyond manufacturers supported claim.

Cable thing seems to be a thing due to the active format rewrite when changing DP to Dvi-d dual.

For a better adapter, try the Club3D brand, so far they've held up to claims and quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: westgate

TRENDING THREADS