[SOLVED] Not getting any signals from HDMI ports

Oct 19, 2019
I built my PC a couple years ago using these parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RbDPzM. I am running Windows 10. I recently moved. After setting up my PC in my new apartment I cannot get an HDMI signal out of my PC. I'm worried something might have gotten jostled during transportation. Here's what I've tried so far:
  • Computer is set up normally:
    • My monitor says "No Signal" when connected to any display port. This includes motherboard VGA, motherboard HDMI, and graphics card HDMI
    • All Motherboard LEDs light up
    • All Graphics card LEDs light up
    • All Fans start
  • Graphics card is not connected to power supply:
    • Monitor can get a signal from motherboard VGA, but no signal from motherboard HDMI or graphics card HDMI
    • Graphics card fans do not start
  • Connecting a different computer to my monitor via HDMI:
    • Works normally
Thanks for your help.

Solution
Try removing the GPU from the system and then see if it displays from Mobo's ports. It's not the same with just unplugging the power cords from GPU.

It definitely sounds like it got damage during transportation.

You can try using another PCIe slot if you have any.
Since you tried another PC to your monitor, try your GPU to that other PC. If it doesn't work, it's damaged. If it works, you damaged the Mobo's PCI slot or Mobo in general.
Try removing the GPU from the system and then see if it displays from Mobo's ports. It's not the same with just unplugging the power cords from GPU.

It definitely sounds like it got damage during transportation.

You can try using another PCIe slot if you have any.
Since you tried another PC to your monitor, try your GPU to that other PC. If it doesn't work, it's damaged. If it works, you damaged the Mobo's PCI slot or Mobo in general.

Reactions: InfiniteStinkTeam
Solution
Oct 19, 2019
Removing the GPU completely has the same results not connecting the power: VGA is fine, but no HDMI.
Unfortunately there is only one PCIe slot, and the computer I used to test the cable/TV is a laptop. I'll have to see if anyone I know has hardware I can test on.