Question Not getting fast speeds even with a cat 6 Ethernet cable.

Jun 8, 2023
So recently I upgraded my internet to 500mbps.
When I use my phone or any other device in the house they’re getting speeds of about 300+mbps.
Even when I connect a wifi card into my pc that I know is good I’m not getting any higher than 60mbps. Is my pc not good enough? Or am I just dumb? Or both?

Jun 8, 2023
This is your primary router, connected to your ISP? I ask because some users will have a router that is fed via WIFI from the primary router and wonder why the performance is poor....
Does the LEDs on the router show a gigabit connection on the port your PC is connected? Have you verified link speed in Windows ?
Link speed on windows is always 100/100, the ports have gigabit written above them and the manual says they are, and it’s the router connected to the wall from the isp

kanewolf

Titan
Jun 8, 2023

kanewolf

Titan

sitehostplus

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
So recently I upgraded my internet to 500mbps.
When I use my phone or any other device in the house they’re getting speeds of about 300+mbps.
Even when I connect a wifi card into my pc that I know is good I’m not getting any higher than 60mbps. Is my pc not good enough? Or am I just dumb? Or both?
More than likely, it's the internet connection.

500mbps is the speed when only one person is using the internet in your neighborhood. And it's probably on a day with sunshine, no sunspot activity, and poles of the earth lined up just so.

Next time you get a chance, read the fine print on the ad for your service. It will open your eyes nice and wide to the truth. 😺

Reactions: FeydMurphy1995