[SOLVED] Not getting fps that I think I should

May 23, 2019
i built a new pc last month(my first build)
specs: RTX 2070,
RYZEN 5 2600,
G.Skill RipjawsV 16GB DDR4-3200MHz,
MSI b450 tomahawk,
psu corsairTX650M,
1TB HDD
I checked it many times i think i have build it correctly.Only problem is that i hear a little sound when the cpu is at high temps like 55 C+ idk what it is i have checked the cooler and i have put enough thermal paste.But the problem is i have played a lot of game like 20+.And i think i should get more fps than what i am getting.Like in minecraft only ~200 fps at low settings?Like what the heck, in gta v i think i coould get like 30 fps more.I also played a game called Russian Fishing 4 and i got 30 fps with high settings like thats ridiculous for my system right?Idk how to fix it I think its the cpu or something it could be the bios??Idk.Please help me!!!

Solution
Perfect world would be;

Win 10 clean install, chipset driver installed, Ryzen or Windows balanced plan used with adjustment cpu minimum state of atleast 10%, try 50. Leave max on 100.

Geforce power settings to prefer max. Don't use Geforce Experience to optimise games unless you know where the quality slider is where it base's it's optimisations on.

Disable gamebar.

Check cpu temps.

Gta5, still don't use ultimate grass.

What resolution are you playing at?

And what's that 16gb ram made if? 1x 16, 2x8? Have you checked with Ryzen master or Cpuz what speed your ram is running at? Coz xmp will need to be enabled in the bios to run 3200 (2133 standard) and should read 1600MHz SDR (DDR = SDR *2 - single data rate / double data rate) in...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Perfect world would be;

Win 10 clean install, chipset driver installed, Ryzen or Windows balanced plan used with adjustment cpu minimum state of atleast 10%, try 50. Leave max on 100.

Geforce power settings to prefer max. Don't use Geforce Experience to optimise games unless you know where the quality slider is where it base's it's optimisations on.

Disable gamebar.

Check cpu temps.

And what's that 16gb ram made if? 1x 16, 2x8? Have you checked with Ryzen master or Cpuz what speed your ram is running at? Coz xmp will need to be enabled in the bios to run 3200 (2133 standard) and should read 1600MHz SDR (DDR = SDR *2 - single data rate / double data rate) in the apps mentioned.

Solution
May 23, 2019
Perfect world would be;

Disable gamebar.

Check cpu temps.

And what's that 16gb ram made if? 1x 16, 2x8? Have you checked with Ryzen master or Cpuz what speed your ram is running at? Coz xmp will need to be enabled in the bios to run 3200 (2133 standard) and should read 1600MHz SDR (DDR = SDR *2 - single data rate / double data rate) in the apps mentioned.

Thanks.Can i try them first and if they dont work i will do a win 10 fresh install?I downloaded the chipset driver.
Ryzen or Windows balanced plan used with adjustment cpu minimum state of atleast 10%, try 50. Leave max on 100. I kinda didnt understood what to do here lol.

Done.Ok

Done.

Cpu temps while 10 google tabs open and some lite apps (like discord instagram ryzen master spotify ect) is at 47.50 C (At this point i have to tell you that the pc is open all day I close it but you know is open all day most times 24 hours gaming but i restart it some times to take a brake)

Ok

I am playing at 1080p.

Ram is 2x8.Ive enabled xmp and in cpuz it says channels: dual and Frequency: 1599.1 MHz.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019
Uhh Gta5 looks fine.But the other game Russian Fishing 4 sometimes i get 144 fps and some times 30 so i think the is just not so well optimized.I also checked minecraft, i get the same fps and i noticed that when i put the graphics in fancy (high preset) i get more fps than puting it on fast (low preset).And i am like what in the world is happening.I have disabled the auto optimizing my games in nvdia experience but i think was enabled at first lol so what can i do to fix it or get more fps?Know i have to go so when i check again i will check other games as well.Thanks

RLarcosPES2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2014
I think it is a driver issue. Download DDU and run it from safe mode to completely uninstall the driver then download the latest from the NVIDIA website and install it after you leave safe mode.

May 23, 2019
I think it is a driver issue. Download DDU and run it from safe mode to completely uninstall the driver then download the latest from the NVIDIA website and install it after you leave safe mode.

Can't I download it from the Nvdia Experience app?And also i have deleted and reinstalled the driver already but i am going to do it again with DDU .Can you help me?In the options what do i check?

Last edited:

RLarcosPES2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2014
DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller) which is found here https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html Properly uninstall graphics card drivers.

Best usage for this tool is to in safe mode:

Press the Windows logo key Windows logo Start button + R.

Type msconfig in the Open box and then select OK.

Select the Boot tab.

Under Book options, clear the Safe boot checkbox.

Then Restart.

Once in safe mode run DDU and select Clean and Restart.

If it restarts in safe mode do the same steps as above and disable safe boot.

Once in normal mode download the NVIDIA Driver from NVIDIA website and install it the normal way.

May 23, 2019
DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller) which is found here https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html Properly uninstall graphics card drivers.

Best usage for this tool is to in safe mode:

Press the Windows logo key Windows logo Start button + R.

Type msconfig in the Open box and then select OK.

Select the Boot tab.

Under Book options, clear the Safe boot checkbox.

Then Restart.

Once in safe mode run DDU and select Clean and Restart.

If it restarts in safe mode do the same steps as above and disable safe boot.

Once in normal mode download the NVIDIA Driver from NVIDIA website and install it the normal way.

I saw no change.Oh uhhh it wasnt in safemode is that a problem?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Nvidia drivers don't load completely in safemode and is more effective using ddu there.

Regarding GE optimisations, can undo those by clicking the undo optimisation or return defaults in game.

GE can apply too much antialiasing and dsr factors increasing the resolution and scales it back down to your native resolution or if a game has resolution scaling of it's own GE can increase this too.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Change settings yourself in game and disable antialiasing and keep resolution scale to 1 and see and if a game has ray tracing turn that off too. There's usually a whole barge of graphics settings in games, play around with them.

May 23, 2019
Change settings yourself in game and disable antialiasing and keep resolution scale to 1 and see and if a game has ray tracing turn that off too. There's usually a whole barge of graphics settings in games, play around with them.

Ok ive done that already but i think its kinda better now thanks if i have any other problem in my system i will post a thread thanks again.
I am going to sleep noe lol its 4 am here.bye

RLarcosPES2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2014
I have a GTX 970. When I got it 5 years ago I was also relying on Geforce Experience. Needless to say it sucked and my games run at 45fps with full stuttering. I learned to change the settings for each game myself and I'm good.

Regarding DDU, yes you HAVE to run it at safe mode.

May 23, 2019
I have a GTX 970. When I got it 5 years ago I was also relying on Geforce Experience. Needless to say it sucked and my games run at 45fps with full stuttering. I learned to change the settings for each game myself and I'm good.

Regarding DDU, yes you HAVE to run it at safe mode.

So ok.I'll try running on safe mode and then i will tell you guys if i have any changes.Also did it cause any problems if i didnt run it at safe mode at first time?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Wouldn't cause problems not running in safemode as reinstalling drivers would have replaced anything that was deleted by ddu.

Ddu isn't always necessary though, the clean install option in Nvidia driver installer is usually enough. It's more of an troubleshooting measure if nothing works or changing gpu brands ie Nvidia to amd so any registry values are cleaned out.