Not getting full internet speed

Shakti1

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
I have up to 50mbps download and 15 mbps upload. I get 8 mbps download and 3 mbps upload, were on my phone and laptop I get 44mbps upload and 10mbps download. I checked and everything can handle the speed.

Solution
Connect your pc to your router or switch with ethernet cable and run speed test.
If your speed is what is suposed to be then you need to get a better wifi dongle,connect via ethernet cable or get an access point.
But if your speed is till low there might be some issues on your pc...

Shakti1

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015

It is a desktop. it is wireless. I'm using http://www.speedtest.net/

Kewlx25

Distinguished
Wireless can vary a lot for a slew of reasons. One that comes to mind is what wireless card are you using? Tablet and phones tend to support the newest protocols. Also, try your tablet or phone's speedtest from the same location where your computer's wireless card would be. A simple check to see if there is a deadzone.

Shakti1

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015

So it could be a deadzone? I thought that in deadzones you couldn't even connect to the internet in a deadzone

LCmatko757

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
Connect your pc to your router or switch with ethernet cable and run speed test.
If your speed is what is suposed to be then you need to get a better wifi dongle,connect via ethernet cable or get an access point.
But if your speed is till low there might be some issues on your pc...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS