[SOLVED] Not getting into Windows 10

Dec 13, 2020
When I started to play CS GO, BSOD appears telling error code Memory Management. But I used Memory Diagnostics to check any problem with RAM. But everything is ok with RAM. After that it went into Windows 10. I scanned for drive errors using sfc /scannow. But no errors. I tried to update the Windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909 using Windows Update. Then I restarted then I can't get into Windows 10. It restarts first time when i try to enter. Then second time, automatic repair runs but it can't fix it. Then pc shuts down. Help me to come out this.

Solution
lets assume (for now) memory management is just a driver error

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - handy boot drive if nothing else

did you do the backup thing before?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

I think your best idea is a clean install using the USB, especially since reset won't work.

boot from installer
follow this guide...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Memory management errors can be drivers.
SFC scans the system files, not for drive errors. You use chkdsk to check the drives

does auto repair offer a choice of Options after it runs? (might be called Advanced)
if so, click options
this should put you in a blue screen
click troubleshoot
click reset this PC
click rollback to previous version of win 10 - this should put you back on 1903.

if rollback isn't an option, cancel out of reset. for now anyway.

anything on C you want to save?
from the troubleshoot menu,
choose advanced
choose command prompt

Colif

Win 11 Master
lets assume (for now) memory management is just a driver error

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - handy boot drive if nothing else

did you do the backup thing before?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt

I think your best idea is a clean install using the USB, especially since reset won't work.

boot from installer
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

now if you get any errors during the install process,
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it, just to make it.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
No spinning circle on screen, just blank?

So is this a custom made PC or Brand name?
If brand name, what make/model?
if custom, what motherboard?

It is possible that Windows 10 installation needs UEFI and not standard BIOS. If your install stuck on a blank blue screen (different from a BSOD), it is best to disable launch CSM (Compatibility Support Module) and enable UEFI.

Disconnect your OS storage device (HDD or SSD), boot from the USB stick again, does it work now?

Dec 13, 2020
Yeah no spinning circle, just blank.

It's a custom build pc. Motherboard - Gigabyte A320M-S2H
Processor - AMD Ryzen 3200G
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 8GB 3000MHz

I disconnected the HDD where OS is installed. But still the same problem. Blue screen with no spinning circle, after some time it shuts down.

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, test with no drive was to see if it was hdd causing it, so thats a good thing sort of.. it shows its not the drive.

one fix is disable CSM in bios.
it is on the BIOS tab in bios (obvious)
Enables or disables UEFI CSM (Compatibility Support Module) to support a legacy PC boot process
default is enabled so disable it.
its on page 27 of manual - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-a320m-s2h_e_v3.pdf

Colif

Win 11 Master
did we try running memtest?

i mean, this isn't a normal error I was thinking might happen during install but it sure is different. The installer isn't even starting and 1st step of install is load it into ram as the installer runs in a ramdrive

how are you booting the USB?
Did you change boot order?
the motherboard has Boot over ride

put usb in at start
go into bios
make sure nothing in the boot order apart from the boot drive or WIndows boot manager (not sure if Gigabyte use this)
go to save & exit screen
open boot override
choose USB, PC will restart and boot from USB and hopefully do something different...
next boot it will revert to how it normally is.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i didn't think it would change, just trying :)

picture is of voltages, they look okay

disabled secure boot?

So you tested all the sticks with memtest?

tossing things at wall to see what will stick now

i haven't seen this before, or I have some clue what to do. It might be the USB drive maybe

When this happens try the keyboard combination Win+Ctrl+Shift+B. This reloads the graphics driver and will sometimes clear up blank or monocolor screens. Can't hurt.
https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/142724-random-blank-blue-screen-mouse-cursor.html

might see if anyone else has any ideas

Dec 13, 2020
No use of it still the same bluescreen. If I try to get into Windows 10, it's trying to repair using Automatic repair, then diagnosing my pc and then attempting errors and then Automatic Repair couldn't repair your pc.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I tried to update the Windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909 using Windows Update. Then I restarted then I can't get into Windows 10. It restarts first time when i try to enter. Then second time, automatic repair runs but it can't fix it. Then pc shuts down.
the reason you can't get into windows is the update didn't work properly. And reset also doesn't work so that is why we were trying a clean install. About as far as I can maybe get you is safe mode. But windows itself won't let you into live mode

go through the repair again and go into options/advanced choice
choose troubleshoot

choose advanced

choose command prompt
Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY

EXIT

You are back to the boot screen -> Shutdown the computer.

Boot back up and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To reverse that you can use the same steps and type these (again note spaces)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY STANDARD

Restart but F8 will not work now.

if you can get into safe mode, try this
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Dec 13, 2020
When I press F8, it has many modes and I selected Safe Mode, after that it restarts and the Motherboard Logo came with no spinning circle, then after some time it restarts and repeated the same automatic repair process. When I tried the sfc /scannow command in the command prompt, it tells that the Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
SFC won't work offline... offline means not logged in.

Its not often I don't know what to do with a win 10 problem. Wait and see if anyone replies. Otherwise i will see what else i can find in a few hours, I need to crash as its been a long day.

I didn't think it would be this hard...

Dec 13, 2020
While copying files to USB in the command prompt using notepad, will it show the percentage of how much have been copied?

And the harddisk is giving some clicking sound and the harddisk light is blinking from time to time and not continuously.

While copying i got an error.
Error 0x800701E3 : The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error.
https://ibb.co/TKKqLKQ - Copy File errror

Colif

Win 11 Master
The error code 0x800701E3 may be an indicator that there are bad sectors or errors on your hard drive.

go to command prompt
If you have a hdd, type chkdsk c: /f /r and press enter
if you have an ssd, type chkdsk c: /f and press enter
in normal mode you normally get 2 paragraphs pop up and you run it at start up, I don't know how it works in offline mode

difference between ssd & hdd versions is ssd don't have sectors so can't repair them