Not getting maximum resolution out of new WQHD monitor?

Mr Davo

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I have recently connected a HP Pro 3300 Series SFF computer to a 27" Kogan WQHD Monitor.

The monitor has a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1440 however I am only able to set it to 1680 x 1050 (on the HP)!

51rhu8.jpg

C++:
The monitor is connected with the supplied DVI cable, so I see no reason why maximum resolution cannot be obtained, unless the HP simply doesn't go above 1680 x 1050.

I do know that the computer uses Intel HD graphics (as determined through the dxdiag command).

My questions are two fold; 1). Does this model of HP support higher resolutions, 2). If the HP does support higher resolutions why am I unable to set the resolution higher for the Kogan monitor?

Any help with the above questions will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Solution
Does your computer have a dedicated graphics card or only the integrated graphics on the CPU? Try with JUST the WQHD monitor. It may be that the total resolution is limited. Since your picture shows a second monitor, try it without it.

kanewolf

Titan
Does your computer have a dedicated graphics card or only the integrated graphics on the CPU? Try with JUST the WQHD monitor. It may be that the total resolution is limited. Since your picture shows a second monitor, try it without it.

Solution

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
It is the GPU that is limited to that reso. More specifics are needed to be sure, but if you are hitting 1080 as the max reso - then it is the GPU and has nothing to do with multimonitor setups. If it could push 1440 off both outputs it would. Provide the specific GPU from device manager and we could tell you real quick if you are at maximum rates (I bet you are).