Question not getting past boot with certain graphics card installed

Adrian Branch

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2013
Hi all, got an oldish machine i'm adding a different graphics card in than my previous one.
The mobo is a Veriton X4620G , and the graphics card is an GV-N630D3 . Both work fine separately and another graphics card works fine in the PCI slot, but when put together it gets stuck on the Bios screen asking for delete to continue, F11 to resume etc.

Anyone got any ideas? I've reset bios and checked for updates etc.

Last edited:

Adrian Branch

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2013
I thought that, and the only reason i didnt go down that route is that id heard most GFX cards that specify 300 dont actually need them. I've just installed a GT710 on another machine which also specified 300w, and its running happily on an 180 watt.. but i might look into it.

Last edited:

Adrian Branch

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2013
Thgere's one running with a GT630 here.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/14236939
I would try running the old GPU, and boot into Safe Mode (F8) remove the old GPU drivers.
Then swap cards and in Safe Mode install new GPU drivers.
Some drivers need normal Windows to install but they all should boot Safe Mode with no drivers.
Thanks, i might try that. The issue is though that its hanging way before it even gets to windows, on the first bios screen (where it asks to press delete to enter Bios settings or F11 to continue), so the drivers wont come into play at that point?

The BIOS identifies what hardware is there and sets up for it. GPUs have their own BIOS also. Any mis identification can cause that.
There is a default video mode all GPUs use in Safe Mode with no drivers involved. With the wrong drivers you can't get to that point.
With no drivers you should get there.

Adrian Branch

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2013
No luck still. As i say, its hanging ath the very first point. I might try a manual update of the motherboard Bios. The utility says it is up to date, but i know there's been a release after the one i have.