Question Not getting proper upload speed

Feb 21, 2019
I have 300mbps dl and 30 upload, but im only getting 4-7 upload speeds on my pc. my phone runs at the right amount so I bought a new NIC thinking it could be that, but im still only getting 4-7mbps upload. Could this be related to another hardware or software issue that im not aware of?

Feb 21, 2019
No. It's just my phone and my pc connected to the router. -- It's a hardware/software issue I just can't find where...

pc is a few years old, but since im connected thru a NIC that shouldn't matter, correct?

I have no viruses, or malware either

Feb 21, 2019
I get around 180dl/4-7upload on my desktop. I am connected thru Ethernet Cable.
My phone gets 250ish/35upload

So it has to be something going on with my desktop, I just can't figure out what. I replaced the NIC, updated all my drivers, and did all the windows updates.

How can I trouble shoot this?

If you have a second machine in the house copy files between the devices. Best if both were on ethernet but it might show something even on wifi.

Watch the resource monitor tab for network. Be aware some values are in BYTES/sec and other are in BITS. What you want to see is if you get faster upload rates on your lan. It should help to determine what in your machine may be slowing it down.

Reactions: Zohaibmajeed

TRENDING THREADS