Question Not getting the RAM timings in CPU-Z that I have set in my BIOS

k1macx

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016
Before anyone asks, yes I'm looking at the Memory tab instead of the SPD tab (I've seen that answer here a lot)

Specs: 3200Mhz DDR 4 Samsung B-Die Corsair Vengeance with XMP on (16-18-18-36-54 @ 1.35v)

I've used all of these settings from DRAM calculator, minus the CAD_BUS options and the CLDO VDDG/VDDP which i've left on auto.

View: https://imgur.com/a/tP67vy6

But when I boot up, even with checking that the BIOS settings all match (I'm using "AMD Overclocking" setting instead of "Advanced Memory Settings" as there are 2 places to change all of these things.

And yet, it's giving me something ridiculous when I boot like 20-20-20. I'm not sure what's causing this, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Can you pass on a link to the ram kit you're using? It's also beneficial for us to learn what the specs to your system are. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also, which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

k1macx

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016
CPU: Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x570 elite
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 LED Desktop Memory, Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07D1XCKWW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dG21DbPW3BBE5
SSD/HDD: for my OS I have a 590gb 970 EVO nvme ssd
GPU: RTX 2070
PSU: EVGA 650Gold
Chassis: Corsair 460x

Also, which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? The newest one (f10c)

So just FYI I was able to boot with the settings I put in my Bios listed in the picture above, and this is what CPU-Z is telling me.

View: https://imgur.com/a/sMioD5E

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
Same thing here.

I have the same mobo and i've set up the timings in the same option in my BIOS, under "AMD Overclocking".

The only difference is that i've set up timings as 14-14-15-14-28 at 3600Mhz and got the exact same timings above reported on CPU-Z.

Is there any other software wher i can check the timings on windows?

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
Watch the, now edited, "colorful" language, please. Thank you.
I had the same issue and the answer is easy and ridiculous at the same time:

Dram calculator and every other person or software uses decimal numbers to refer to ram timings. Some mobo manufacturers thought: "well <<EDITED>> this. We do hexadecimal arround here."

Use a hexadecimal calculator, transform the values and Profit. Took me 2h and 4 beer in a mid of the night session to figure that out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JaxBR
Sep 21, 2019
Dram calculator and every other person or software uses decimal numbers to refer to ram timings. Asus thought: "well this. We do hexadecimal arround here."

Wow...

Does that apply to Gigabyte as well?

Or, can you, by any chance, post a screenshot of how this is presented on Asus's BIOS?

Actually i took off my settings, applied the XMP and GPU-Z reported it correctly, meaning that the issue really could be at BIOS input.

k1macx

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016
Holy if this works...I'm going to send you som
I had the same issue and the answer is easy and ridiculous at the same time:

Dram calculator and every other person or software uses decimal numbers to refer to ram timings. Some mobo manufacturers thought: "well this. We do hexadecimal arround here."

Use a hexadecimal calculator, transform the values and Profit. Took me 2h and 4 beer in a mid of the night session to figure that out.
I swear if this works I'm going to buy you some beer.