Not getting Wireless connectivity

I have Compaq notebook with wireless lan card and windows XP os.Recently I
bought a Netgear router and configured it.Initially I was able to get
wireless connctivity, but for last few days when I start my laptop msg is
coming either "no wireless connection found" or "One or more wireless
connection" .With cable I'm still getting the connection.
I checked the wireless connection; in 'Available network' there is only
one connection called "Myhome" but in 'preferred network' both 'myhome'
and 'netgear' are there. but I couldn't add 'netgear' to available
network.Please advise what to do.

Hi there rishi,

Try changing channels by logging onto to the Netgear router settings page.
You may also temporarily disable encryption [WEP, Access list etc] on the
router. Finally, ensure that firewall/antovirus is turned off on the Compaq.

HTH
Venkatesh

"rishi" <chak_rishi@nospam.yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> I have Compaq notebook with wireless lan card and windows XP os.Recently I
> bought a Netgear router and configured it.Initially I was able to get
> wireless connctivity, but for last few days when I start my laptop msg is
> coming either "no wireless connection found" or "One or more wireless
> connection" .With cable I'm still getting the connection.
> I checked the wireless connection; in 'Available network' there is only
> one connection called "Myhome" but in 'preferred network' both 'myhome'
> and 'netgear' are there. but I couldn't add 'netgear' to available
> network.Please advise what to do.

Disable "Automatically connect to non-preferred networks".
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=811427

If not running WPA, then try disabling 802.1x authentication.

--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.