Not going into Standby / Sleep

beeskuiken

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
I'm using 2x Samsung B2330 monitors on nVidia Quadro 4000 with HDMI to DVI adapters.

When I shut down, the monitors goes into standby...

until now...

I unplugged the monitors to use PC in boardroom with projector. Afterwards, I brought PC back and reconnected my monitors.

Now, only my number 2 monitor goes into standby! Number 1 keeps saying 'check signal cable'. I compared settings, reset, unplugged and reconnect again, swapped monitors, etc. Nothing works.

Any advice please?

Philip
Cape Town

beeskuiken

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
SOLVED (after many hours of fiddling)

Not sure exactly what fixed it, but it could be 1 of 2 things:

1 - I tried to confuse the monitor even further by disconnecting and reconnecting the signal cable and power cable in all the possible sequences that I could think off, while the computer was on.

2 - Together with 1 above I also bypassed the HDMI adapter (HDMI @ computer and DVI @ monitor) by connecting the monitor directly to the computer with a DVI cable. (my graphics card has 2 HDMI and 1 DVI socket) (monitor set to auto source)

The above appeared to not have solved the problem, so I then reconnected the HDMI adapter. When I powered down again, the monitor went into sleep. (now i'm not touching it again - ever)

Philip