Not Happy!

My brand new tourist walks down the stairs from Dlvl 2 to find himself
-

- in the mines
- not on the stairs (blocked by spaceMAN's ghost)
- at the mercy of two Gnome Lords and a k of some description

So much for THAT game.

--

JPD

SGFN

john_p_darcy@yahoo.com.au (JPD) was moved to say:

>My brand new tourist walks down the stairs from Dlvl 2 to find himself
>-
>
>- in the mines
>- not on the stairs (blocked by spaceMAN's ghost)
>- at the mercy of two Gnome Lords and a k of some description
>
>So much for THAT game.

Postscript: Now watching spaceMAN's game and I see he is a wizard -
so I missed out on his cloak of MR back there ... even more not happy!

--

JPD

SGFN

john_p_darcy@yahoo.com.au (JPD) was moved to say:

>Postscript: Now watching spaceMAN's game and I see he is a wizard -
>so I missed out on his cloak of MR back there ... even more not happy!

HA!! That's more like it - he's dead again. Watch out for the -3
levitation boots, if you are the first to find him.

--

JPD

SGFN

JPD wrote:
> john_p_darcy@yahoo.com.au (JPD) was moved to say:

>> My brand new tourist walks down the stairs from Dlvl 2 to find
>> himself -

>> - in the mines
>> - not on the stairs (blocked by spaceMAN's ghost)
>> - at the mercy of two Gnome Lords and a k of some description

You can get a bones level at depth 3 (even if in the Mines)?

> Postscript: Now watching spaceMAN's game and I see he is a wizard -
> so I missed out on his cloak of MR back there ... even more not happy!

His previous character wasn't necessarily a wizard as well...

--
Boudewijn Waijers (kroisos at home.nl).

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Boudewijn Waijers wrote:

> You can get a bones level at depth 3 (even if in the Mines)?

There is no level check when loading bones files, only when saving.

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de

Boudewijn Waijers wrote:

> You can get a bones level at depth 3 (even if in the Mines)?

Only in the Mines; if it was saved as bonM0.1.gz (or whatever your system
saves it as) when the mine entrance was on level 3 or 4, and loaded when
it was on level 2.

Raisse, killed by falling downstairs

On 2005-03-16, JPD <john_p_darcy@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> My brand new tourist walks down the stairs from Dlvl 2 to find himself
> -
>
> - in the mines
> - not on the stairs (blocked by spaceMAN's ghost)
> - at the mercy of two Gnome Lords and a k of some description
>
> So much for THAT game.

Engrave?

--
Andrew D. Hilton
UPenn Phd Student

James

In article <4237d487.17655535@news.bigpond.com>,
JPD <john_p_darcy@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>My brand new tourist walks down the stairs from Dlvl 2 to find himself
>-
>
>- in the mines
>- not on the stairs (blocked by spaceMAN's ghost)
>- at the mercy of two Gnome Lords and a k of some description
>
>So much for THAT game.

The camera would have gotten you out of that situation, wouldn't it?

"Andrew D. Hilton" <adhilton@seas.upenn.edu> was moved to say:

>On 2005-03-16, JPD <john_p_darcy@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> My brand new tourist walks down the stairs from Dlvl 2 to find himself
>> -
>>
>> - in the mines
>> - not on the stairs (blocked by spaceMAN's ghost)
>> - at the mercy of two Gnome Lords and a k of some description
>>
>> So much for THAT game.
>
>Engrave?

Did that, expecting the nasties to flee and thus let me get back to
the stairs. Note that I had to move away initially so that the ghost
would get off the stairs. Engraving worked first time, but I was hit
by a thrown dagger or something.

No need to remind me that I was still in possession of !oEH :(

--

JPD

SGFN