[SOLVED] NOT ON QVL RYZEN 3000

stephyb

Honorable
Feb 18, 2019
I'm in the building process for a ryzen 3000 series pc, my question is, can I buy ram that isn't on the QVL of the mobo? Would there be any problems? Thanks in advance

Solution
I'm in the building process for a ryzen 3000 series pc, my question is, can I buy ram that isn't on the QVL of the mobo? Would there be any problems? Thanks in advance
I've seen a lot of problems with Ryzen 3XXX CPUs and memory that is not on the QVL -- do yourself a big favor and only buy QVL listed memory in sets, not individually. It can be the motherboard or memory QVL (which a few memory makers like G.Skill publish and guarantee).

RealBeast

Titan
I've seen a lot of problems with Ryzen 3XXX CPUs and memory that is not on the QVL -- do yourself a big favor and only buy QVL listed memory in sets, not individually. It can be the motherboard or memory QVL (which a few memory makers like G.Skill publish and guarantee).

Solution

stephyb

Honorable
Feb 18, 2019
Thanks so much for the reply, will try my best to buy a QVL set then. :)