Question Not recognizing SSD?

Dec 4, 2019
Hello,
I had a gaming PC built for me this past summer. I just recently ran out of storage on my SSD, so I took it upon myself to try installing a new one. Windows seems to be recognizing it since I can see it in the Storage menu, but I am unable to download anything to my PC because it says I'm out of available space. I am unfamiliar with how to use BIOS, but the SSD is recognized in the BIOS Settings/System Status tab. I don't see the new SSD in the boot order list, so I was wondering if this could be the issue? Also... 1st SATA port has connection for original SSD, used 4th SATA port for this new SSD due to space constraints from my GPU. I am not tech savvy whatsoever so any advice is appreciated!

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
I'm not too tech savvy either, and I'm not sure really how to fix this. My suggestions would be to clear up a little bit of space on the old drive and see if that works. I get that you plugged your cable into the 4th slot because of space issues, but if there's a way to get that into another slot to test it, that could be a problem I guess. Anyways, I just saw this and wanted to say that this thread should've gone into the "Storage" section, not "memory," but It's okay now. Just for future reference. =)

Hello,
I had a gaming PC built for me this past summer. I just recently ran out of storage on my SSD, so I took it upon myself to try installing a new one. Windows seems to be recognizing it since I can see it in the Storage menu, but I am unable to download anything to my PC because it says I'm out of available space. I am unfamiliar with how to use BIOS, but the SSD is recognized in the BIOS Settings/System Status tab. I don't see the new SSD in the boot order list, so I was wondering if this could be the issue? Also... 1st SATA port has connection for original SSD, used 4th SATA port for this new SSD due to space constraints from my GPU. I am not tech savvy whatsoever so any advice is appreciated!
With modern, UEFI BIOS, you would see any storage in boot order only if there's an OS on it.
Beside BIOS, does you windows see the drive in Device manager and disk management ?