Not recording sound in mm 7.2 with AIW help?

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Not recording sound in mm 7.2 with AIW help?

Hi I gave my old 128 AIW to my son for his computer.

He has Win ME as a os.

I installed it with mm 7.2

It records video but not sound.

It had Dx 6 install on it.

I installed DX 9 over it.

That did not work.

I got rid of his old sound card got a SB live.

Still that did not work.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing mm7.2

I have looked at the mixer to make sure that cd in was picked as that is
what the aiw output

is going into the sb live cd input.

I do get sound on the tv, and even the tv on demand works ok with sound.

Its just when I try to record and save it.

It will not record with sound.

I have been doing this for hours.

I saw somthing about dx8 that there was a file to download with dx8 for make
mm7.2 work

video for wimdows or somthing like like that could that be it.

I thought that if I got dx9 that that would cover it. could this be it?

If not how come this does not work?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

> I installed it with mm 7.2

7.7 is a much better option and it runs on my 128 Pro perfectly.
>
> It records video but not sound.
> I got rid of his old sound card got a SB live.
> I have looked at the mixer to make sure that cd in was picked as that
is
> what the aiw output
>
> is going into the sb live cd input.

Why? Put it on the Line In and choose that option when you reconfigure
it.

> Its just when I try to record and save it.
>
> It will not record with sound.

When you checked the Mixer, did you set the recording levels?

> I have been doing this for hours.

Aren't computers real _time_ savers? <vbg>

> I saw somthing about dx8 that there was a file to download with dx8
for make
> mm7.2 work

Again, d/l 7,7 from the ATI website here:

http://mirror.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/mmc7-7-0-1-nodvd-directx.html
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

it meen there it did record sound to the video i t put it ion my pc and it
was fine sound and all.
BUT IT WILL NOT BLAY BACK THE SOUND.
MY MY PC WILL.
SO WHATS GOING ON HERE??
"joe canner" <joecanner@netcom.com> wrote in message
news:bSHgc.58582$_g4.8007688@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> Not recording sound in mm 7.2 with AIW help?
>
> Hi I gave my old 128 AIW to my son for his computer.
>
> He has Win ME as a os.
>
> I installed it with mm 7.2
>
> It records video but not sound.
>
> It had Dx 6 install on it.
>
> I installed DX 9 over it.
>
> That did not work.
>
> I got rid of his old sound card got a SB live.
>
> Still that did not work.
>
> I've tried uninstalling and re-installing mm7.2
>
> I have looked at the mixer to make sure that cd in was picked as that is
> what the aiw output
>
> is going into the sb live cd input.
>
> I do get sound on the tv, and even the tv on demand works ok with sound.
>
> Its just when I try to record and save it.
>
> It will not record with sound.
>
> I have been doing this for hours.
>
> I saw somthing about dx8 that there was a file to download with dx8 for
make
> mm7.2 work
>
> video for wimdows or somthing like like that could that be it.
>
> I thought that if I got dx9 that that would cover it. could this be it?
>
> If not how come this does not work?
>
>