Not seeing GPU

May 17, 2018
Hi all!

PLEASE HELP!!! The following may be a bit wordy but I hope to explain in detail the situation. Thank you all in advance for any advice or insight!

I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI made by PNY. I recently had an issue where it just kind of went dead on me. I have an old Frankenstein PC I built using a myriad of parts which works better than great. I love this beast. Last week though it started acting funny and I was getting purple and green screens on top of the desktop. I planned on dropping down to WIN 7 from the 10 I have in there now anyhow so I just nuked the HD and went to install WIN 7 only to find that I misplaced the WIN 7 CD.

I put WIN 10 back in and voila! The card worked perfectly again. I then encountered some nasty loading issues immediately afterwards where I had to pop the CMOS battery out of the MB in order to get it to fire up properly again. I've been building PC's for over 10 years and have been pulling my hair out with these issues because they just don't make sense. It wasn't seeing the HD which is an old Maxtor SATA but it works perfectly for me for now again.

I managed to fix everything and it has been running as usual for the past 2 weeks. I play SWTOR on it with maxed graphics settings. Today it just quit seeing the graphics card again. It will however send a signal to my monitor via HD out of the GTX card, (As I'm writing this to you all I'm viewing it on my monitor with an HD cable out of the Video card, just no Graphics options) the fans spin on it and it seems to fire up just fine. When I right click on my desktop for the Nvidia software... there is none. The icon is gone from system tray as well. It's just...gone. I have no options for display settings save for a few internal options with only 3 resolution choices. None of which fit my screen. I uninstalled the Geforce Experience software along with the drivers too. I went to Nvida's site, reinstalled the Geforce Experience software for that is supposed to automatically find your GPU and install the appropriate drivers. I watched it download the software, install it and restart. When I did all of that? I still get no Nvidia options when I right click the desktop or under control panel. I've tried different power cables to the PS along with different HD cables. I'll list my system specs here:

It's a rebuilt Gateway FX-4710
Intel Quad CPU Q9300
8GB RAM
Maxtor SATA HD
Brand New EVGA Supernova Modular 650W Gold Certified Power Supply (I was building a brand new rig but had to return the parts because the company I worked for just up and folded a month ago hence my having to work with this PC I'm on now which has run like a champ forever. I took the parts back but had to keep this PS. It's pretty sweet :) )
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI made by PNY
I feel like I was too wordy but was hoping to explain in detail the exact scenario. Here's a snippet of the GPU from system info... Please Help!!

UPDATE!! I manually uninstalled/deleted everything and anything Nvidia related. I did this earlier and reinstalled and it did not work. As per advice on another thread which sounded ridiculous but it said to shut down, turn off PS and unplug the cord. Wait about 20 minutes and power back up. I just did that and NOTHING else and it works perfectly! My resolution is back to normal and all GE Force features are available. Weird huh? I was going to delete this post but since teh answer was so simple and not expected hopefully it will help someone else. Thanks guys!

GPU_zpsp1am7ncs.png
[/URL][/img]