Not showing in homegroup after when my laptop went to sleep.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I have 1 desktop 1 laptop both are connected to homegroup. Everything was fine but today my laptop went to sleep and from then in my desktop homegroup saying my laoptop is unavailable and latop saying desktop is unavailable, but both are perfectly working even I can access each other from "Network", but not from homegroup. Desktop have wired connection Laptop have wireless. Rebooted router but no hope. One more thing, desktop have win8 & laptop have win8.1

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

I leaved the homegroup and rejoined. & its worked. Then intentionally I make my laptop sleep. Now again same problem.

ram1009

Distinguished

That's interesting. I put my computer to sleep all the time. I never thought my problem might be connected with sleep. I'm at work right now. I'll try to confirm your observations tonight.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

Thanks a lot. I will make my desktop sleep as well and will check what happens & let you know. :)

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

So here are the results of some tests.

First Desktop connected wired & Laptop connected wireless:
So at first made my laptop to go sleep, after waking up, in laptop homegroup , other than this laptop any other computers are not available. So leaved the homegroup and rejoin and now all computers are available in laptop homegroup.
Now done each of above but now I leaved homegroup from the desktop and rejoined again (Laptop untouched). This also made visible every computer to the homegroup.

Now Desktop & Laptop both are connected wired:
This time made my desktop go to sleep and this time also same problems. any computer leaving & rejoining can only make the computer (which was gone to sleep) visible again from the homegroup of other computer and vice versa.

So according to me I think anyhow home group is not synching or like that. When a computer going to sleep it can notice that but after waking up homegroup can't notice it so making that computer separate. Other computers are enjoying homegroup. Only this computer can't see other computers in the homegroup and other computers will not be able to see this computer as well. Now if any new computer joins the homegroup or any computer leaves or rejoins then only the home group synchronizes and it makes the computer again visible.

I have same Account name on both the computers. Will it be the problem??? In homegroup under a single name both my desktop and laptop appears.

ram1009

Distinguished

I thought you might want to try resetting all of your permissions to default and start over.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

I don't think that will solve the problem.