Not Starting Up

Feb 24, 2018
Hi All,
I just finished assembling my PC today and eagerly pressed the power button - but nothing happened. I waited for few minutes and then tried again and when nothing happened I changed the power cable connecting the SMPS to the mains and to my delight the computer started. After 30 minutes or so when I tried to power ON the PC again I faced the same issue. I let the power flow to SMPS and it started after around 10 minutes.

I am confused is there any issue with the SMPS or the power cable?I replaced the original 13A power cable with my spare 10A power cable. My SMPS is a Corsair VS Series 650W. Is the SMPS taking some time to “charge up”?

It’s really frustrating when the computer doesn’t power ON and then suddenly powers ON like a charm after few attempts.

Feb 24, 2018
I believe somehow the PSU is not getting enough power to start up. I have bought a new 1kV UPS today and hopefully it will provide enough initial impetus to start the machine. I will let know the result tomorrow.

Feb 24, 2018
This is the scenario now - I turn on the mains supply and UPS power, wait for 5 min and then hard press the power button and the PC starts like charm. I am fairly convinced that the PSU needs some time to charge up before it can start supplying power to all components.

Feb 24, 2018
I opened the case and tightened the "Power SW" connectors. They were not connecting properly to the motherboard due to bad cable management. No more issue now.

Solution