Not sure if I need extra case fans? Help greatly needed and appreciated! <3

kittykhat

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
Hello, I recently ordered my first customized tower from Cyberpowerpc- and being a noob and quite new to these sorts of things; I really didn't take into consideration and know that cpu's and the system requires adequate cooling so things do not go haywire. I do not plan on overclocking the system, or render any videos. I am just using it to play games that I enjoy such as: League of Legends, Fallout, Steam Games, and just for recreational gaming.The specifications for my system are:

CAS: CyberPowerPC X-Nova Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Side-Panel Window [-22]
CASUPGRADE: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified) [+110]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
FAN: Asetek 570LXL 240mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+30] (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Sandisk 128GB SSD + Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX w/ GIGABit LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 1x M.2, 6x SATA 6GB/s (All Venom OC Certified)
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

I opted for the 240mm liquid cooling, and noticed that there were two default case fans. I was wondering if this is enough? Or should I get extra fans? Also, is it possible to install extra fans even if this was a prebuild? I am just really worried, since I spent quite a bit of money on my first system, and I do not want any problems.

Solution
You only need more fans if the current situation is not doing the job.
As you don't know yet, don't worry about it.

Get it, run it, then see if you need more. (Probably not)

kittykhat

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015

Oh snap, sorry. I will be using a NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB. Would it make any difference? Why do I not need extra case fans in my particular situation?

You do not need more case fans. They would not sell it if the case cooling was insufficient. More fans is more of a gimmick that is unnecessary. You could always turn up fan speeds if you ever really had to but it would get loud. i run 2 case fans in a quite small case and everything stays very cool.

kittykhat

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015

Would it help that I am also using the 240mm liquid cooling?