[SOLVED] Not sure if my liquid cooler is working or not?

Mar 24, 2021
I got the MasterLiquid ML240L v2 RGB and i hooked it up and everything. The 2 fans it comes with work but it doesn't light up and I'm not sure if its actually working or not? If it wasn't working wouldn't my computer just shut down to prevent damage? Anyways any help is appreciated!

Solution
Yea i dont really care about the RGB that much, im more so wondering if its actually working or not. Is their a way to tell?
Properly mounted, with inactive or dead pump: high temps even at startup and Windows idle. I see about 60ish constantly on idle when I forgot to plug in the pump header.
The layman, practical way: put your hand on the pump. If you can feel it hum/vibrate smoothly, it's probably on.

Poor mounting: boot and idle might be fine, may see high/constant spikes to 60ish, and under moderate load (such as P95 or OCCT large data set, light gaming) temps spike very quickly and keep rising.
The layman way: under load, push in the pump to the CPU. If temps drop noticeably, it's probably not tight enough.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Yea i dont really care about the RGB that much, im more so wondering if its actually working or not. Is their a way to tell?
Properly mounted, with inactive or dead pump: high temps even at startup and Windows idle. I see about 60ish constantly on idle when I forgot to plug in the pump header.
The layman, practical way: put your hand on the pump. If you can feel it hum/vibrate smoothly, it's probably on.

Poor mounting: boot and idle might be fine, may see high/constant spikes to 60ish, and under moderate load (such as P95 or OCCT large data set, light gaming) temps spike very quickly and keep rising.
The layman way: under load, push in the pump to the CPU. If temps drop noticeably, it's probably not tight enough.

Solution