Not sure if PSU is compatible with my other parts

Jan 2, 2019
Let me give you some backstory. I bought a Corsair CX550m PSU originally, but after connecting everything, I realised that it was shot. So I wanted to get a new one

I bought this PSU https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N5WW9GQ/ref=twister_B0767MC1DN?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
It's a Corsair TX-M 850w 80+Gold. It was relatively cheap considering the prices for the lower end models, so I thought might as well buy it.

My other components are : Intel Core i7-8700 (couldn't get k version :()
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 12 evo
Mobo - MSI 7370 SLI PLUS (got this motherboard because I want to get an overclockable CPU in the future)
Graphics Card - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 mini (Also plan to upgrade and add another video card)
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB(2x8)
Case - NZXT Phantom 410 (White)

I know the 850w version is overkill but from what I've heard, there's no harm in buying an overkill PSU especially if you plan to upgrade parts in the future.

I checked the compatibility on pcpartpicker and it said it was okay, but i remembered reading something about EPS/ATX12v cpu connectors. My old cx550m's cpu connector was EPS/ATX12v and the new txm850w is ATX. is this okay???

Solution
You're good to go with that PSU. You could've gone for a 650W unit but you're still in good hands. By adding another GPU, I assume you're talking about getting a higher spec'd card to replace the GTX 1060. If not, then you're out of luck with SLI.

Lutfij

Titan
You're good to go with that PSU. You could've gone for a 650W unit but you're still in good hands. By adding another GPU, I assume you're talking about getting a higher spec'd card to replace the GTX 1060. If not, then you're out of luck with SLI.

Solution