[SOLVED] not sure if this is place to ask this. but

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
i have a question.. the other day i was looking at some pics on my pc and i scanned a few with norton antivirus.. they are all .jpg BUT when i scan some of the pics norton said they were ok but said it scanned 2 files .. others show it was one file scanned.. how can 2 files be scanned on a single pic?? is that a virus??

Solution
i have a question.. the other day i was looking at some pics on my pc and i scanned a few with norton antivirus.. they are all .jpg BUT when i scan some of the pics norton said they were ok but said it scanned 2 files .. others show it was one file scanned.. how can 2 files be scanned on a single pic?? is that a virus??
That's normal behavior and it will happen to any image file.
Windows creates a hidden thumbnail preview of the image file and that is why you see "Total items scanned: 2" when you only scanned a single .jpg file.
Norton scan the image and the hidden file.
Windows creates a hidden thumbnail preview of the image file and that is why you see "Total items scanned: 2" when you only scanned a single .jpg file.

Solution

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015

ok thanks for the info.. i had never done that before and just did it out of curiousity.. thanks much